Renovations and additions to a House
Lake Waccabuc, NY
The original house was built in 1919 and was designed by the famous American country-house architect Harrie T. Lindeburg. The house had been poorly renovated over the years, and the task was to impart the character of the original design to a vastly enlarged program.
The plan of the original house was reorganized, with its detailing upgraded and a large addition made to the south. At the center of this addition is a great hall linking the original house to the new wing. The hall is paneled with a high wainscot in limed white oak and is lit by a large oriel window and "eyebrow" windows in the roof, which is supported on heavy timber oak trusses. The new wing comprises the master bedroom suite above and an office and screened porch below, opening onto a terrace.